Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Final Good-Bye: Insanity


Dear Insanity,

Thanks for keeping me occupied,
Especially all the times that I cried.
All I have to do is run,
And you follow me because we’re one.
Dreams of fun and dreams of dance,
Dreams of a bashful closet romance.
Darling Insanity, you’ve got it all.
And you come to me whenever I call.
A place to escape to when times are rough,
You’re a faithful friend who makes me tough.
You’re a loving embrace to keep me warm,
And an attentive ear when my heart is torn.
I love our one-sided conversations,
Because I know you’ll always listen.
They tell me I’m crazy,
But I tell them they’re lazy,
Because they haven’t formed the bond we share.
They don’t have you lurking beneath their hair.
Strangely, they never really buy it,
But before you my mind was unbearably quiet.
Society wants to lock me away,
Insanity, if they did, you’d be there day after day.
You never leave my side.
Even as the others leave or die.
I can hear them knocking at my door,
I haven’t heard that noise before.
Before I go, I’ll say one thing:
You, my Insanity, are my happy place,
And it’s a cherished thought I’ll always chase.
I know I don’t say it enough,
But you’re my heart and soul,
As well as my mind.
I’d die if you ever said good-bye.
Because without a mind, what does one have?
Insanity, you’ll always be my perfect half.

Sincerely yours,
                             No Longer Sane

No comments:

Post a Comment