Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 14: The Master

The drums.
The drums.
The maddening drums.
One.
Oh, the pounding.
Two.
Can't you hear it?
Three.
He said I'm crazy.
Four.
No, I'm not crazy.
One, two, three, four.
Da da da dum.
Heartbeat.
Is it a heartbeat?
Time Lord.
The heartbeat of a Time Lord.
He thought he was the last.
But I'm here.
I was gone.
I came back.
I died.
I came back.
Electricity.
Oh, I'm starving.
No sustenance is enough.
They came back.
The end of the world.
One, two, three, four.
I shocked him, he's dead.
They're all dead.
They've gone back.
My final sacrifice.
I'm gone, too.
But I can see his tears,
The underlying fear.
He doesn't want to be on his own.
I'm not sad.
No regret.
I saved him.
Why isn't he happy?
Can it really be that hard,
Being the last?
He's gone mad.
He's my friend,
My only friend in the universe.
He's gone mad without me.
Oh.
But now he gets it!
Now he sees!
He has the madness I left behind!
I died.
One, two, three, four.
The beating stopped.
The drums are gone.
Da da da dum.
I hope he hears it.
The last of the Time Lords.
I hope he hears my
Drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment